The Woobles Review: Learn to Crochet Kit for Beginners?
Aside from eating, sleeping, cooking, working, and watching TV, there are plenty of other things you can try at home to spend your time creatively. Recently I and my friends discovered a genius and fun way to pass the time, which is ridiculously adorable and surely a great learning activity.
With arts and crafts taking over, we decided to try crochet because we have heard a lot of interesting and amazing things about it.
Since we were beginners, we picked Woobles crochet kit because we heard that it’s perfect for both professionals and newbies. Plus, it is very easy to use; you can create different cute animals like penguins, hippos, and bunnies with it. Not to mention, it is also quite affordable even for small budgets.
The Woobles is a kit that consumers can use to crochet with everything they might need to create the available character. Only found on the official website, these kits are available for ages 12 and up.
What is The Woobles?
First off – what exactly is a Wooble? The Woobles is the company that makes beginner amigurumi (Japanese for small knitted or crocheted stuffed animals) kits. They provide everything you need to get started crocheting – from supplies to lessons all in a prepackaged kit.
They have a bunch of different designs to choose from, ranging from beginner to advanced in design. I decided to order the one I saw on the ad (and a beginner project), Pierre the Penguin.
The Woobles is a “fail-proof” crochet starter kit designed for beginners.
Each kit gives you everything you need to create your own Wooble animal, from start to finish:
- Custom-made “Easy Peasy” yarn designed for beginners
- A crochet hook
- A pre-started piece that gives you a head start and prevents you from starting over at zero (which is where so many people get discouraged and fail)
- Easy-to-follow videos for left and right-handed people
Features Of Woobles
- Zero Confusion Tutorials: Your purchase includes access to 5-minute explainer videos. These videos were created by a former Google User Experience manager, which means they’re well-narrated, easy to follow, and easy to absorb. You can quickly master beginner and intermediate crochet techniques as you progress through the videos. Watch the videos on your laptop or tablet while crocheting, and you’ll learn to crochet in no time.
- Beginner-Friendly Yarn: The makers of The Woobles created beginner-friendly yarn just for Woobles. They call it “Easy Peasy” yarn. It’s specially designed to make it easy to see where to put your hook. It also prevents your hook from getting stuck between yarn fibers.
- Unlimited Virtual Support: If you need extra help or get stuck at any point, you can access unlimited virtual support via the Woobles Facebook group. You get automatic access to this Facebook group and unlimited support via email or text. If you need help backtracking or are stuck on your next loop, you can easily access the support you need.
- Backed by 100,000+ Users: To date, 100,000 customers have purchased The Woobles and learned how to crochet. The product is supported by thousands of 5-star reviews online, and many people were genuinely able to learn a new and valuable skill thanks to The Woobles.
- Simple Videos: Master each step with simple, easy-to-follow videos online. The Woobles walks you through the entire process without the awkwardness of other online learn-to-crochet videos. Other crochet videos are ridiculously long and tedious. The Woobles has specially designed its videos to be fun and easy to follow.
- Developed Over Months By a Former User Experience Manager at Google: The Woobles was created by Justine, a former User Experience Manager at Google. She was frustrated that easy-to-use beginner crochet kits did not exist, so she decided to create one. She spent months developing better tutorials and working with manufacturers to create beginner-friendly materials like Easy Peasy yarn. Today, you can enjoy the result of her hard work when you buy The Woobles.
- Choose from 3 Animals: You have three animals to choose from, including Pierre the Penguin, Felix the Fox, and Jojo the Rabbit. You can buy all 3, mix and match, or pick your favorite animal.
- Zero Waste Kit: The Woobles kit comes with everything you need to learn to crochet – and nothing you don’t need. Other beginner crochet kits come with things you don’t need.
- Designed and Based in the United States: Woobles is designed in the United States.
- Backed by Moneyback Guarantee: The Woobles is backed by a 30-day moneyback guarantee. If you’re unsatisfied with your purchase, then you can request a complete refund.
What is Inside The Woobles Crochet Kit?
About a week after I ordered my package arrived! The kit came in a resealable bag and inside the bag was everything that I needed to get started. It included:
- A crochet hook (this is optional to buy with the kit – if you already have one you could get a kit without it)
- Yarn – The kit included blue, yellow, white, and black yarn (in case you wanted to stitch on eyes instead of using the fasteners – more on that later!). The blue yarn that would make the body also came with a piece called the “magic loop” to help get started faster. It also had 3 stitch markers inside it.
- Plush Stuffing –
- The Wee Wobbly Bits Bag – This pack included little pieces that would become the eyes.
- A guide to crocheting the selected Wooble.
- Tapestry needle.
- Stitch markers.
- Safety eyes (10mm).
- Crochet hook (4mm).
- PDF digital download of the pattern.
- Users also get support for creating the crochet project via email and SMS.
How Does The Woobles Work?
You could learn to crochet through complicated hand-drawn patterns, awkward YouTube videos, and frustrating yarn that won’t stay in place. Or, you could learn to crochet using The Woobles.
The Woobles gives you the tools and guidance you need to succeed at crochet. Each yarn is impossible to unravel and pre-started: you just finish it.
Many people have tried to learn how to crochet in the past and failed. The Woobles wants to change that.
Your purchase comes with:
- Easy-to-follow video tutorials
- A pre-started piece that means you never need to start over at zero (something that causes many new crocheters to fail)
- Custom-made beginner-friendly yarn
- Active community with 5,000+ Wooblers who can welcome and help you
- Overall, The Woobles aims to give you everything you need to master the art of crochet.
The Hardest Part of The Woobles is Choosing the Animal
Each Wooble animal comes pre-started for you with unique knots that are impossible to undo.
The animal also has stitch markers to help guide you through, explaining where to put your hook for the first few stitches.
By pre-starting each animal, you get a head start on your project. More importantly, this head start means you never need to start all over again – something that causes many new crocheters to give up.
Overall, The Woobles eliminates the most frustrating parts of learning to crochet. The hardest part of using The Woobles is deciding which animal to crochet.
Is The Woobles right for my kid?
Every parent just wants their children to be happy. But helping your kids find happiness, confidence, and self-esteem in 2022 is hard.
Honestly, I’m so grateful I found The Woobles because crocheting has done wonders for my daughter. Giving her a healthy, fulfilling hobby has all sorts of benefits:
- Decreases screen time: With the exception of following the instructions, The Woobles takes place entirely offline, keeping your child’s eyes and mind away from screens.
- Relax and unwind: Being a tween or teenager in 2022 is stressful! Crocheting is a zero-impact, low-stress activity that kids can enjoy for the rest of their lives.
- Learn a new skill: Honestly, it was hard getting my daughter to do ANY activity that didn’t involve an app on her phone. Crocheting is one new skill she’s loved showing all her friends (I mean come on, how many kids these days know how to crochet!?).
- Gain a sense of accomplishment: At the end of her first project, my daughter had a completed crochet animal she could share with friends and family. She never got that sense of pride from scrolling through her phone!
- Increased confidence: Studies have shown that harnessing new skills can increase one’s self-esteem. I’ve definitely noticed a change in my daughter’s mood and attitude — all for the better.
- Gain a sense of community: The Wooble community is fantastic — they’re available through email or a private Facebook group where my daughter can ask questions whenever she gets stuck.
The Woobles Pricing
The Woobles is priced at $29.99 per kit. Or, You can save money by ordering multiple kits at once from their website.
You can choose your animal (Felix, Pierre, or Jojo) at checkout. You can mix and match or choose several of the same animals.
Here’s how pricing breaks down when ordering online today:
- 1 Woobles Kit: $29.99 + Shipping
- 3 x Woobles Kits: $79.98 + Free US Shipping
- 5 x Woobles Kits: $119.97 + Free US Shipping
Each kit comes with everything you need to learn to crochet for the first time.
The Woobles provides users with the tools and confidence that they need to take on crochet at their latest skill. The tools are made to make the process easy for anyone, making it easier to create a cute animal that they can keep for good. With each video, consumers learn a new loop or knot that will keep their materials in place, and they can start doing the next project right away.