In this modern technological era, you do not have to deal with slowdown and lag on your computer. However, many people still need to put up with the system problem, which tends to slow down their computer efficiency, thus making their operation more difficult.
Though there are many factors contributing to it, you do not have to worry about this anymore since there are many possible solutions to the problem. It does not matter the cause of the problem, the underlying effect of the problem usually frustrate more so when you are on an urgent task on your computer.
So I’ve decided to try a new gadget that I’ve heard of. While it’s mostly recommended to speed up ageing computers, it can also allow users to use any desktop computer anonymously. And you know how much I value privacy, which is a right we should all protect. Therefore, I think this could be a solution for those of you who can’t afford to leave their device unattended. Or who want to keep their sensitive data in their pocket! But let’s not waste time: Here are my Xtra PC reviews.
What is Xtra PC?
Xtra-PC is a flash drive stick that one inserts into a USB port on a personal computer. Xtra-pc is built by the Linux Foundation to surpass the old and slow windows operating system. The main reason for creating this device is to make your computer blazing fast, high performance boosted with the new, simple operating system with a great interface.
One can still use it even with faulty hard drives without any problem at all. From the way the USB stick runs, the existing computer files are not altered, and one can still access everything from the device. The good news is that it is simple to use and handling it does not require training, you plug it into USB drive port, then you restart PC to boot into USB, and there you are good to go.
What is Xtra PC Explained By Video
Xtra PC Features
There are a plethora of incredibly useful features the Xtra PC offers. Some of them are mentioned here –
- Universal Compatibility: Xtra PC can be used on nearly any computer. That is what makes it one of the best devices that offer the same functionality. Be it Mac or a PC, and no matter the version, you can easily boot up your broken-down computer with the Xtra PC.
- Safe and Secure: Linux has been known for all these years as one of the most secure operating systems. That makes it the perfect choice to fix your dead PC. The OS in itself is also very user friendly and easy to get the hang of. Since most malware and viruses do not even run on the OS, even if your computer is plagued with viruses, that will not hamper your experience.
- Privacy: Xtra PC ensures your privacy with an added level of safety and procedures to protect your data at all costs. It does not require any file from your previous OS to run, therefore, it is incredibly safe to use. The plug and play feature of the device also helps with sending confidential emails and data to other people, without first going into your generic OS first, adding another convenient and nifty feature for the device.
- The Pro version has a File Recovery System: If you ordered the Pro Xtra PC, you could even retrieve some of your lost data from a dead PC as well. This product is just the ultimate saviour is it not. It is difficult to deal with dead PC’s, as most of your data might be corrupt, or damaged in the crossfire. Xtra PC has you covered on that ground as well. This is actually one of the major advantages of owning the Xtra PC.
- Linux: Yes, this operating system is one of the primary features the Xtra PC delivers on. The OS is well known to be fast, secure, and immune to most viruses and malware, making it the perfect candidate to bring your broken-down PC back to life.
- Free Software: The only price you pay is for the device itself. Everything that comes with, all the nifty softwares, the Linux OS, all of them are free of any additional charges. That is true value for money.
- Plug and Play: The ease of use of the Xtra PC is something consumers go on and on about. The nifty plug and play feature allow you to simply plug the device in and reap all the benefits that come with it. It functions and looks like a simple flash drive so you can just stick it into your USB port and get going.
- Reasonable: This device only sets you back $35 for the base model. That is way less than what you might even spend on a maintenance call to fix your PC. And this is not just a one-time use. You can use it however many times, on however many computers you want.
Xtra PC Versions
Xtra PC comes in different versions and styles. Each offers functionalities that cater to a different consumer base.
- Xtra PC Turbo 16: The most basic model, comes with a capacity of 16 GB making it suitable to fix your PC, as well as surf the internet or play online games at a consistent speed.
- Xtra PC Turbo 32: Mostly popular and ideal for college students, parents and professionals, the 32 version has an ideal memory to even start backing up data that fixing up your broken-down PC. While at the same time offering reliable speed to do any basic computer functions. It is faster than the 16 version and can easily make your outdated computer act and function as a brand new one.
- Xtra PC Turbo Pro: The most powerful amongst the three, you can effectively overhaul your entire PC with this device with ease. This one is priced at a high $159.99 but delivers the best results you can ask for. The extra memory even boosts your computer speeds to make the most of your fixing, surfing, playing, or watching endeavors. The 64 GB version is enough to store multiple large files and additionally comes with the File Recovery System that you can use to bring back damaged data from a crashed OS.
- Package Dimensions: 5.7 x 3 x 0.5 inches
- Weight: 0.16 ounces
- Connection Type: USB (2.0 or 3.0)
- Manufacturer: Prairie IT, LLC
No Hard Drive? No Problem!
Amazingly, Xtra-PC even works on computers with no hard drives. That’s right! Broken, damaged, or just plain missing – Xtra-PC works with all types of computers – hard drives or not!
What Can I Do With My Like-New Computer?
A lot! Xtra-PC comes preloaded with some handy software right out of the box:
Tips for Using Xtra-PC
- Check the Packaging: Before you remove this flash drive tool from the packaging, look for any signs of damage. This allows you to return the product for a full refund. It also reduces the risk that someone tampered with the item.
- Restart your Computer: Do not run Xtra-PC until you restart your computer first. This shuts down any programs that might interfere with your installation. Your computer will ask for permission to shut down apps and programs that didn’t respond when you tried to restart it too.
- Give it Time: Many people freak out when they plug in Xtra-PC and their computers do not immediately respond. It can take a few minutes for your computer to notice the new device. As soon as it does, it should run the included software.
- Stay Nearby: Though you might feel tempted to use the bathroom or grab a snack while Xtra-PC runs, you should always remain near your computer. As it downloads and runs the software, it will ask you different questions and wait for your response. If you leave, you risk the computer canceling the process because you didn’t click the right button.
- Call for Help: The makers of Xtra-PC designed the product for anyone to use. If you run into any problems during the installation, call them for help.
What Are The System Requirements That Xtra-PC Requires?
Since this software, the Xtra-PC is created to make all older PCs reusable, the Xtra-PC will most probably run on all your old laptops, PCs, notepads. In short, any of the computer models which were made after 2004 can reap the benefits of Xtra-PC. Now, if you feel doubtful about whether or not Xtra-PC will run on your computer, we suggest that you call the customer support of Xtra-PC and solve your doubts. Below is the list of system requirements that Xtra-PC needs to run optimally:
- USB Type- Only the recent two versions of USB like 2.0 as well as 3.0 will run or can boot from your computer’s flash drive.
- Processor- Your PC will need to have to have an inbuilt processor that is 700MHz or even higher. That is the minimum.
- RAM- The minimum capacity of RAM which is required is 512MB, however, the ideal Ram capacity that is recommended by the makers of Xtra-PC is 2GB.
- BIOS (Basic Input/Output System)- This is the system that helps your computer to boot itself without any loss of data. And your computer must have a well-functioning BIOS to make sure that the Xtra-PC works well with your computer.
- Graphics Support- The Xtra-PC will need all these—HDMI, DVI, VGA graphic support to ensure that Xtra-PC runs efficiently on your PC.
- Network- For using Xtra-PC, you need the network card as Wi-Fi or wired internet network connection is mandated for Xtra-PC to do its work.
What Applications Can You Install On Xtra-PC?
You can customize Xtra PC to your own liking by using your preferred programs. Here are some examples that could come in handy if you decide to purchase it.
- Image editing software which include: Photoshop, Affinity Photo, etc.
- Streaming applications such as: Netflix, Disney Plus, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO Max, etc.
- Play your favorite games, you can check out the list of compatible Linux games here.
- Browse the internet using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- Music apps like Spotify, VLC, Clementine, etc.
- Office like software such as Libre Office, Open Office, etc.
- Antivirus software
Who Xtra-PC Is For?
If you are tired to wait for your computer to catch up, Xtra-PC is the perfect solution. You won’t be able to compete with a sparkling new Mac or Windows 10 machine, but your old computer will definitely start working again, most probably (at least in our case) faster than when it was brand new.
Xtra-PC is the right answer, also for those looking for a way to breath new life into their old computer that’s just collecting dust. You will be able to get them working again and do all your usual tasks. It’s a great opportunity to have spare computers ready to go, so your kids will stop hogging yours.
What Problems Does Xtra-PC Solve?
Millions of people use older, slow computers because their operating system is old and overloaded. Xtra-PC boosts the performance of their computer, making it fast and efficient, like it was new again.
Why Do I Need Xtra-PC?
In case you are struggling with a slow and old computer, and you are tempted to buy a new one to replace it, don’t. All you need is the Xtra-PC to solve all your problems. This is just a little portable thumb drive that does not utilize extra space on your desk. Moreover, it is much cheaper than purchasing a new computer which will perform the same task it does. It has a super speed with a fully-featured OS that overrides the outdated operating system, thus enabling you to carry out all your tasks perfectly well.
The product comes with a quality interface and operating system suitable for carrying out the task required urgently. It is portable, and the information can be retrieved faster than when using a normal PC. Typically, windows OS seems to be more vulnerable to cyber-attacks like hack and other cybercrimes. However, Linux is stable, and it makes Xtra-pc more desirable and dependable to customer’s needs, though it is not perfect.
Every machine has some hiccups, but Xtra-pc serves clients well, and that is the greatest reason why people should use it. Moreover, the package management, repositories concept, and other features make it more secure than windows. Linux does not require anti-virus programs used by windows, thus eliminating extra cost that one may incur on top of the initial purchase price.
Who Can Benefit the Most?
Xtra-PC was designed for anybody who wants to increase the speed of their computer. If you are using an old or cheap laptop or PC with low specifications, Xtra-PC may be the right solution for you, especially if you don’t have the money to upgrade to a new machine! Another solution is to replace individual components such as RAM or the CPU (central processing unit) but this requires technical knowledge that many people don’t have. If the world of computing is overwhelming or daunting to you or a friend or relative, a simple solution like the Xtra-PC is potentially a better option than either upgrading or replacing your computer.
An alternative solution is to use the disc cleanup setting to remove temporary files and unneeded programs. Although this can improve speed, it can also be time-consuming, doesn’t always work, and sometimes inadvertently deletes programs that you didn’t want to remove, or didn’t know that you needed!
Why Is Xtra-PC Different From Other Solutions
Other solutions only temporarily improve the speed and overall performance of your computer. And other solutions can be complicated with very little improved results. Xtra-PC on the other hand, is a completely new operating system that people get to use when they plug it into their computer. So using Xtra-PC is practically like using a completely new computer -there’s simply nothing else like it!
How Does It Works?
The setup process is pretty straight forward, and clearly described in the instructions that come with Xtra-PC.
On first boot, Xtra-PC walked me through an easy one-time setup process, during with it automatically installed the correct drivers and software to run all my hardware correctly (CD or DVD-ROM, display, webcam, etc.), including my wireless internet adapter and all other stuff. Initial setup took about 7 mins from start to finish, but this will vary from machine to machine.
Xtra-PC claims that you can get a huge boost in performances, therefore once completed the one-time setup process, we shut down the computer, and compared the boot time of the original Windows operating system with Xtra-PC.
As you can see, the results have been pretty impressive.
- Windows boot time: 252.80 seconds
- Xtra-PC boot time: 26.13 seconds
There are no doubts, that Xtra-PC loads way faster (almost 10 times faster) than the original Windows operating system, but this isn’t all. We tested Xtra-PC with all the usual tasks.
- Surf the web
- Read and answer e-mails
- Watch movies
- Listen music
- Play games
- Create and edit spreadsheets and text files
Xtra-PC performed very well, across all the tasks, proving the operating system has been configured aiming to maximum speed, and packed in the proper way, so the user doesn’t need to lose time looking to install any further software. The only missing software we would love to see already loaded is Skype, but you can easily install it as you normally do on your Windows or Mac.
Xtra-PC comes in 3 different configurations:
All of them are packed with the same software except for the Pro that has also a file rescue software.
In our test we didn’t notice any big difference except for the speed that’s faster on the Turbo 32 and Pro versions.
We have finally tested the free file rescue software that comes with Xtra-PC Pro, trying to recover files from a corrupted hard disk. We did manage to recover 27 file out of 29, so we can say the rescue software works pretty well.
How to Setup Xtra PC?
- Plug the Xtra-PC USB device into a USB port on your computer
- Restart (reboot) your computer.
NOTE: If your computer loads as it always has and not to the Xtra-PC USB device, then you’ll need to change your computer settings so that it will boot (start) from the Xtra-PC USB. Please consult your computer’s documentation on how to change it to boot from a USB drive.
- After it boots to the Xtra-PC USB device, you will be prompted to enter a password for the administrator account, and once you agree to the terms of the license agreement, check the box. Then click on “OK.” If you do not want to proceed, click on “Quit” and your computer will shut down
- A few moments after clicking “OK,” you will get the Xtra-PC login screen. Log in with the username “administrator” and the password you entered on the previous screen.
- After logging in, you will see a welcome screen
- You must connect to your network for the installation to continue. You can either connect to your wireless network or your wired network. We don’t recommend that you do both at the same time.
- Once you are connected to your network, click “Continue”.
- You will see the Third Party Software Installation Wizard screen.
- Click “Continue”. You will see the “Step 1 of 2 Important Applications Installer” screen
- Click on “Install”. You will see the Additional Information and EULA agreements window. Click the box to agree to the EULA terms and then click “OK” to begin the install
- After clicking “OK”, an LXTerminal window will appear as the software is installed. This window will be to the right of the Xtra-PC window as seen below. During the installation, you will be prompted in the LXTerminal window to agree to a Microsoft TrueType core fonts EULA. Use the Tab and Enter keys to select “OK” and then “Yes” to agree to the terms. Since these applications are installed directly to your Xtra-PC USB key, there will be occasional pauses in the terminal window. This is normal and expected, and the install is still proceeding. Do not interact with the LXTerminal window except when agreeing to the Microsoft EULA. The time it takes to complete this step will vary depending on the speed of your computer, but the average time is 10-15 minutes.
Using your Xtra-PC
NOTE: Do not remove the Xtra-PC USB device from your computer while it is running. Before removing, shut down Xtra-PC (Start -> Shutdown). Once the computer is shut down, the Xtra-PC USB device can be removed
and used on another computer.
1. File Manager – This is the tool that allows you to manage all of your files such as documents, photos, spreadsheets, and more. For example, it can be used for reading and writing to USB sticks and pulling photos off of your phone. To open File Manager, left click on the Start menu (the blue X in the lower left corner), then go to “File Manager.”
2. Office Apps – Xtra-PC has OpenOffice installed on it for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and more. To use OpenOffice, double-click on the OpenOffice desktop shortcut. Or you can left click on the Start menu (the blue X in the lower left corner), then go to “Office,” then “OpenOffice.” The first time you use OpenOffice on your Xtra-PC, you will need to follow the OpenOffice steps. Once you’ve done this, you’re ready to use OpenOffice.
3. Email – To set up your email, double-click on the Email desktop shortcut. Or you can left click on the Start menu (the blue X in the lower left corner), then go to “Email and IM,” then “Email.” A Thunderbird window will come up and prompt you to set up your email. Once you’ve done this, your email will be ready to use.
4. Facebook, Pandora, and Pinterest apps – For your convenience, desktop shortcuts for these commonly used apps were created for you. To use any of these apps, simply double-click on the desktop shortcut of the app you want to use. Or you can access them through the Chromium web browser.
5. Internet Access – Xtra-PC uses the Chromium web browser for internet access. Use this to surf the web, access your Google apps, Google Store, Google Docs, Google Drive, and more.
6. Google Apps – To use Google Store, Google Docs, Google Drive, and other Google apps, click on the Chromium web browser shortcut on your desktop, or go to the Start menu (the blue X in the lower left corner), then “Chromium Web Browser.” Type https://accounts.google.com into the address or URL bar at the top of your screen. This will take you to the log-in screen for your Google account.
7. Netflix and Amazon Videos – Because they require special web browser settings, you must use the Netflix and Amazon videos desktop shortcuts or menu selection to access Netflix and Amazon videos. Accessing these from the included Chromium web browser will not work.
8. Music and MP3 Player – To play music CDs, MP3s and other audio formats, go to the Start menu (the blue X in the lower left corner), then “Media,” then “Music and MP3 Player.” A screen labelled “Audacious” will come up; either plug in a music CD or access your MP3s and other audio files from your removable device or wherever you have them stored. Once you’ve done this, you can listen to your music.
9. Kindle Cloud Reader – To access your Kindle eBooks, double-click on the Kindle Cloud Reader desktop shortcut. You’ll be prompted to enter your Amazon account email address and password. Once you’ve signed in, your Kindle eBooks will be available to you.
You can customize the look and feel of your Xtra-PC by using the tools under the Local Administration Menu.
Printers – To add a printer for use in Xtra-PC, go to the Start menu (the blue X in the lower left corner), then “Local Administration,” then “Printers.” Select “Printer Manager” [go to the Start menu (the blue X in the lower left corner), then “Local Administration,” then “Printer Manager.”] Click on “Add,” then follow the prompts to add your printer. Your printer will then be ready to use.
Useful Tools – Xtra-PC comes with tools that can be used to fix the DVD player playback or restore the default desktop icons. To use one of these tools, go to the Start menu (the blue X in the lower left corner), then “Local Administration,” then “Useful Tools.”
Restore Desktop App Shortcuts – If you want to restore the original desktop app shortcuts that came after first installing Xtra PC, select “Restore Desktop App Shortcuts.” You will see a window as shown below. Click “Restore.”
Customizing your Desktop – To customize your desktop, (to change your wallpaper, for example) go to the Start menu (the blue X in the lower left corner), then “Local Administration,” then “Desktop Preferences.” Use the menu that comes up to choose how you want your desktop to look.
Manually Setting your Monitor Display Settings – Xtra-PC is set up so that it will automatically pick the best resolution for your monitor. However, there are times when you may want to change your monitor resolution and refresh rate. To do this, go to the Start menu (the blue X in the lower left corner), then “Local Administration,” then “Monitor Resolution Settings.” A “Display Settings” window will appear. Select your desired Resolution and/or Refresh Rate, then click “Apply.”
Multi-monitor Configuration – Xtra-PC comes with a tool to help you set up and adjust for situations where you have two or more monitors. To use this tool, go to the Start menu (the blue X in the lower left corner,) then “Local Administration,” then “Multi-monitor configuration.” A “Screen Layout Editor” window will open. The default layout for multi-monitors is set up as mirrored monitors, meaning that both monitors show the same image. To change this, for example
to set up your desktop to extend across both of your monitors, drag and drop the monitor you want on your right to the right side of the “Screen Layout Editor Window.” Here’s an example of a VGA monitor being the left monitor and a laptop monitor being the right monitor:
Once you’ve done the above step, click on the button that has a checkmark on it. This will apply your changes to your monitors.
Network Connections – To manage and change your network connection settings, go to the Start menu (the blue X in the lower left corner), then “Local Administration,” then “Network Connections.”
Power Management – To manage your Xtra-PC’s power settings such as Display Brightness, Sleep, and others, go to the Start menu (the blue X in the lower left corner), then “Local Administration,” then “Power Manager.” You will then be allowed to select from different power settings.
Screensaver – To set your Screensaver, go to the Start menu (the blue X in the lower left corner), then “Local Administration,” then “Screensaver.” You will then be allowed to select from different Screensaver options.
User Accounts – Xtra-PC comes with an administrator user. If you want to change the administrator password or add new users to your Xtra-PC, go to the Start menu (the blue X in the lower left corner), then “Local Administration,” then “User Accounts.” A User Accounts window will open. Click on “Unlock” in the upper right corner. You will be prompted to enter the administrator password that you created when you first installed Xtra-PC.
How I Made My Old Laptop Like New with Xtra-PC?
It is super easy to use. I will explain the step by step process. Keep reading-
- Step 1: Plug the Xtra-PC into the USB port.
- Step 2: Then, a window will appear on the screen or in the application bar of the pc.
- Step 3: After that, install the program.
And it’s done. You can change the slow pc by simply following these three steps. It magically turns my old computer into a new one. My PC became a super-fast.
Remember one thing, Xtra-PC will work when it is connected to your pc. When you disconnect it, the pc will work as before.
Which Are the Alternatives of Xtra PC?
To be honest we couldn’t really find valid alternatives to Xtra-PC. We found only the Ubuntu Linux 14.04 Bootable 8 GB USB Flash Drive, but it isn’t even comparable with Xtra-PC, because it’s a bare bones Ubuntu Linux operating system on a USB thumb, without any software on it. The basic Xtra-PC is 16 GB and comes with all the software installed.
Considering that Linux is a free open-source operating system, at the end the only real alternative, is to make your own “Xtra-PC”, but unless you’re very tech-savvy, it’s gonna be time-consuming with the risk to fail and than have to bring your PC to a computer repair shop.
- Linux Mint 19.0 Cinnamon Install USB: The Linux Mint Cinnamon Install USB is a product that features a Linux OS in addition to 16GB of extra storage. Customer reviews are generally good for this product but some users have complained of technical issues.
- Kali Linux Bootable USB: The Kali Linux Bootable USB was designed for penetration testing and ethical hacking, however the user reviews are mostly negative, with technical issues and insufficient customer support cited frequently.
- 9th and Vine USB Drive: The 9th and Vine USB Drive was designed to help you recover corrupted or missing files, or reinstall programs. It is highly affordable, but some users have complained that it simply did not work.
- RESQSTICK PC Recovery USB: If you need to quickly recover lost documents and other files and want to use a USB drive to find them, the RESQSTICK might be the perfect tool for all your devices. It has a simple design that anyone can use, no matter how much computer experience you have. You simply plug it in, run the software and find files of all types. Not only does this stick work with Microsoft Office documents and similar files, but you can use it to find photos and videos. RESQSTICK works on any computer running a Windows OS from 1998 and up. You cannot use it to store files or use Linux though.
Benefits of Xtra-PC
Xtra-PC is beneficial for those who wish to use their old computers that have outdated operating systems. This device can get used for operating computers that no longer work due to malware and viruses. If you have an old computer with no hard drive, you can reuse it with the help of Xtra-PC. Any type of PC with a USB port can install and use Xtra-PC. Even if you have a PC that lacks a port, you can use Xtra-PC after contacting its manufacturing company and getting an online version of Xtra-PC! But you need to have both internet connection and internet browser for using the online version. In case you formatted an old PC of yours, you can use Xtra-PC to use it with a new operating system.
There are hundreds of things that you could do with Xtra-PC. The Linux OS is the main feature of Xtra-PC. It enables you to do things that are possible with any other OS. Linux offers full access to programs, but there’s a chance that you won’t be able to transfer all of your files. Xtra-PC can skip some files or even all of your data because it overwrites the existing OS when connected to a computer. If you want to use your favourite programs and speed up your PC as well, then you should get a signal booster from your ISP and scan for viruses too. You can customize Xtra-PC for running your favourite apps and programs on your PC. With the Linux OS, you can conveniently use Google Docs and other online programs. You can also access these programs even if you use different devices. The following are some of the benefits of using Xtra-PC:
- You can use Xtra-PC to check your emails and send new ones.
- You can surf the web and watch videos online.
- You can download new files as well as access and edit documents.
- You can use spreadsheets.
- You can use Netflix and other streaming applications.
- You can play games, listen to music, use Photo editing programs and document editing software as well as run antivirus software.
- You can use it with speakers, keyboards, webcams, and mice.
What We Like About the Xtra-PC
- It can run on computers made as early as 1998 as well as modern desktops and laptops.
- Even if you don’t have a lot of computer experience, you can easily install and run the software.
- You can use the extra storage available on the flash drive to save files or create a system back up.
- As it comes installed on a flash drive, there aren’t any discs that you need to worry about keeping around.
- The compact size allows you to install the software on different computers and carry your work with you.
- It gives you a convenient way to download the Linux OS to a computer.
- The Xtra-PC Pro includes a file recovery tool that can locate missing data from any PC.
- You get all the benefits of Linux, including its design that protects you from hackers and other threats.
- Even inexperienced users can set up Linux in around 10 minutes.
- Online customers can get discounted prices on all models and qualify for free shipping.
Where Can The Xtra PC be used?
Once you have the Xtra PC, you can do a lot of things. The main feature of this Xtra PC is the Linux OS, and this enables you to perform all the things that you could with a different OS.
- You can check emails, send emails to people on the list of contacts.
- You can surf the internet, visit favorite websites.
- You can access your documents and edit them.
- You can download files.
- You can listen to your music.
- You can watch videos, films, etc.
- You can also use spreadsheets if required.
When using the Linux OS, you get complete access to both software as well as programs. You must remember that all your files might not get transferred. Xtra PC overwrites your existing OS and it could skip a few files. If you want the speed of your computer to improve and you still wish to make use of certain programs, you must check for viruses and also get a signal booster.
The Linux OS by Xtra-PC is a very simple way of using Google Docs as well as various online programs which could be accessed from any device whenever you access your account by logging in.
Xtra PC Price
Where Can I Buy Xtra-PC Today
Order this device through the manufacturer’s official website. They are giving new customers discounts of up to 40%. Check out their homepage today.
One can also conveniently buy the device online from Amazon or any electronic store close to you. The product has different payment methods and variety to choose from depending on the customer’s preference.
Frequently Asked Question
Does Xtra-PC use Linux to speed up my computer?
Yes! Xtra-PC uses Linux, which is known in the tech community to be rock-solid, considerably faster, and much less vulnerable to viruses than Windows. Using Linux lets you squeeze extra performance out of older processors But unless you’re a pretty hard-core, tech-savvy person with free time to burn, implementing Linux yourself will probably end up being way more than you bargained for.
Instead, Xtra-PC has done all the heavy lifting by not only making Linux easily accessible but very user friendly. Plus, it comes out of the box with all the programs you need like browsing the internet, using email, docs and spreadsheets, watching movies, listening to music and more.
Can I use Xtra-PC on a Mac?
Yes. We have, however, seen that Macs before 2011 might not boot to USB. If you want to use Xtra-PC on a Mac, follow the instructions provided for your Mac to boot to USB.
Will I lose the existing files on my computer when I use Xtra-PC?
No. Xtra-PC runs from the USB and does not touch or modify the existing files in any way.
Do I have to be connected to the internet at all times, like on a Chromebook or with a wireless network card?
No. Photos, music, DVDs, document creation and editing can all be done without an internet connection. However, an internet connection is required for the initial set-up.
My old computer had a virus, which is why I shelved it. Can I use this computer for Xtra-PC?
Yes. Xtra-PC runs from the USB drive, so it can be used with computers that have viruses, or even those that are missing a hard drive.
Can I install programs such as Skype on my Xtra-PC system?
Yes, we designed Xtra-PC to allow users to easily add programs of your choosing.
How does it work on the PC?
Being a simple flash drive, you have to insert Xtra PC into your computers USB Port. It will replace the slow and old windows OS with a fast Linux OS.
How do I change my computer BIOS setting to boot from USB?
There are two very simple ways to boot your PC to Xtra-PC:
1. Use the boot key to start Xtra-PC: Turn off your PC. Insert the Xtra-PC stick into a USB slot. Turn your PC on and hold the boot key on your PC for 1-2 seconds (most manufacturers use F12, F11, F10, F9, F1 or ESC). When the boot menu is displayed select USB HDD (or something similar).
2. Set your PC to boot to USB: Turn off your PC. Turn your PC on and hold the setup key on your PC (most manufacturers use F1, F2, ESC, F9, F10. It’s usually displayed on your screen when the screen first starts.). When the setup menu is displayed, look for the boot menu. Change the boot priority to select boot from USB as the number one priority. Save your changes. Now when you restart your PC it will automatically look for Xtra-PC. This will not affect your Windows if Xtra-PC is not in a USB slot. In addition, we provide simple, easy instructions in the user guide or the Xtra-PC Support Knowledge Base that will take you through the process.
Will I lose the existing files on my computer when I install Xtra-PC?
No. Xtra-PC runs entirely off the Xtra-PC USB device and does not touch your existing hardware storage devices. After use, the computer can be restarted and it returns to its original state with no indication Xtra-PC was ever used.
When I try to use Netflix, I get a screen that says my browser is not compatible. What do I do?
Because it requires special web browser settings, you must use the Netflix desktop shortcut or menu selection to access Netflix videos. Accessing these from the included Chromium web browser will not work. Rebooting your computer may also solve this. Make sure you click on “always run on this site” when prompted with the message “Silverlight needs your permission to run on this site.”
Using the Xtra PC, you can say goodbye to stuttering old computers and welcome much faster, almost new PC’s to surf on. You will be able to run tasks smoothly, even though your PC is a mess, due to the reliable nature of Linux. Fixing up will be easy, surfing and managing files will take no time and all this at a very reasonable price.