Lumenology Portable LED Motion Sensor Light Review
When it comes to security problems, illumination is crucial to illuminate your house, store, or other property that you want to safeguard. Adding a level of protection for your portable motion sensor light may include purchasing the Lumenology method for the most delicate LED portable motion sensor light.
This portable LED light comes with additional functions, making it an excellent choice for home and office use. Anywhere there is a need for light, you can install it. The motion sensor detects movement and enables the system to function when required, conserving energy and ultimately reducing the amount of money in your pocket. Lumenology LED portable motion sensor is the most efficient light available for its type, allowing it to function as the best motion sensor light on the market.
Lumenology is the quick and easy way to light up any space without the hassle and cost of hiring a professional electrician.
Set up is a breeze, in seconds you’ll enjoy the same brightness and state-of-the-art motion detection you’d expect from a professional installation. It’s never been easier or more affordable to add professional lighting to your space!
What is Lumenology?
Simply put, Lumenology is the easiest and most affordable wireless motion-sensing lighting system in the world.
The Lumenology Portable Motion Light provides a mighty 148 Lumens from a single, high-luminance white LED bulb. Install the light virtually anywhere with the flexible tripod or magnetic base. The IP43 Water Resistant rating equips it for outdoor use, even in the elements. The MotionSense Technology provides a 13ft detectable range and 100-degree field-of-view, which will detect motion in a dark environment. Choose from 2 modes, 30-second auto shut-off or always-on. Requires (3) AA batteries – not included.
It gives you the same powerful light and reliable motion sensing technology you would expect from a professional installation, but at a fraction of the cost – and without ANY of the hassle.
They’re truly wireless, too – Lumenology runs on a set of 3 AA batteries, which provide power for about a year.
There are two activation modes to choose from: motion-activated or always-on.
- PRODUCT WEIGHT: 6 oz
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS: 3.5″ x 3.75″ x 4.25″
- SHIPPING WEIGHT: 10oz
- SHIPPING DIMENSIONS: 5.19″ x 3.38″ x 7.88″
- BULB: High-Luminance White
- COLOR TEMPERATURE: 5700K
- LED BATTERY: 3x AA Alkaline
- IP43: Verified to be Water Resistant
- BRIGHTNESS: 148 LM
- ACTIVIATIONS: Approx. 1,000
- STAY-ON MODE: Approx. 7 Hours
- MODES: Off/On/30-Seconds Auto Shut Off
- LIGHT SENSOR MODE: Night Only
- DETECTING METHOD: Passive Infrared Sensor
- DETECTABLE RANGE: 100 degrees, 13 FT ADJUSTABLE RANGE: 180 degrees
- BEAM DISTANCE: 62 FT
- ATTACHMENT OPTIONS: Flexible Tripod/Magnet
- CERTIFICATIONS: IP43 Water Resistant, FCC, RoHS
Feature of Lumenology
- Enjoy Professional Lighting Without Spending A Fortune – The wireless design saves you money and time by eliminating the need for an electrician. Just take it out of the box, add batteries and enjoy your beautifully lit space.
- Mount It Anywhere In Seconds – Adding light is easy. The built-in magnet or metal base attaches to any metal or flat surface, while the tripod legs virtually anywhere like fences, tree branches, or BBQs – Perfect for entryways, car hoods, patios, parties, DIY projects, and more.
- Turns On When You Need It & Off When You Don’t – The motion sensor makes Lumenology 100% hands-free so you never have to turn your lights on/off again. The long-range motion detection works up to 13ft away and adds a full year of battery life. Or switch it to “always-on” for continuous light.
- Perfectly Bright (Not Blinding!) – The high-luminance white LED bulb is bright enough to light up any dark space (helping you see clearly) but will never hurt your eyes. Take advantage of our bundle discounts and use multiple lights to brighten your entire home.
- Quickly Remove & Take It Anywhere – Lumenology quickly and easily detaches without making a mess. Its compact size, lightweight design, and wireless functionality make it easy to take with you anywhere – great for camping trips, roadside emergencies, and vacations. Also great for renters!
- Added Security & Peace Of Mind – Lumenology’s bright motion-sensing light keeps your home safe by deterring prowlers and wild animals. Add them to your garage, entryway, yard, and around the sides of your home to maximize your home security.
- Built For Any Weather Condition & Lasts A Lifetime – You’ll get decades of use out of Lumenology thanks to its high-quality materials and IP43 Certified Water Resistance. It will easily stand up to your toughest weather like rain and snow.
What Problem Does It Solve?
For decades, the technology we used to light up our homes has remained relatively unchanged. It’s been the same permanent wire-in solution for generations which is a huge hassle.
Installing a single light fixture can require extensive electrical work that can cost upwards of $500+, is incredibly dangerous, difficult, time-consuming, not to mention it makes a complete mess. And once you have the light finally installed, they often can not be easily moved, removed, or adjusted. This makes it very impractical for anyone renting or on a budget.
Other wireless solutions, like solar, are finicky. They often require the right amount of sunlight, do not work indoors, and don’t store a charge for very long – making them ineffective and limiting.
Lumenology helps solve all these problems by offering a portable battery-powered lighting solution that’s affordable, long-lasting, and can be attached anywhere in just seconds. Now anyone can add professional lighting to their space for a fraction of the cost of traditional wire-in light fixtures.
The ways you can use Lumenology are limitless.
Why Is IT Different From Other Solutions?
Lumenology is the quick and easy way to light up any space without the hassle and cost of electrical wiring.
It only takes a moment to set up, yet you’ll enjoy the same brightness and state-of-the-art motion detection you’d expect from a professional installation. It’s never been easier or more affordable to add new lighting to your space!
How do you “install” Lumenology?
This is what got me so excited about Lumenology… it’s so easy, even I – a 35-year-old woman who couldn’t tell you the difference between AC and DC for a million bucks – was able to set up both my lights in under 3 minutes.
To mount Lumenology, you have two easy options:
- For Flat Surfaces: Use the built-in magnet to attach Lumenology directly to any metal surface OR attach the included metal plate to any surface using a single screw.
- For Non-flat Surfaces: Wrap the included tripod legs around an object (fences, tree branches, BBQ grill handles, etc) or use the tripod legs to stand it up straight.
Just attach Lumenology, turn it on, and you’re all set!
Both the magnet and tripod create a super-tight hold that’s strong enough to withstand the elements, yet easy enough to remove if and when you’re ready.
The tripod legs are sturdy and strong – they easily bend into place, yet they hold tight once they’re there. They’re perfect for attaching Lumenology to a fence, tree branch, gutter, pole, etc.
The magnet is super powerful, too. It can easily hold the weight of the device even when hanging upside down, and it gives you tons of flexibility as to where you install it. It’s perfect for car hoods, work benches, closets, etc.
In fact, I now keep one in my car in case of a roadside emergency.
What can Lumenology be used for?
Lumenology is one of those amazing inventions that you can use for so many different things…
For example, I always have two Lumenology lights in the yard (they cover it perfectly) and one on my front porch as a security light. (It works really well for this thanks to the motion-sensing functionality – nobody will approach my home without me knowing about it!)
However, I also keep one in my car… it’s great for outdoor activities and makes me feel more secure in the case of a roadside emergency.
Of course, that’s just the beginning. I’ve found uses for them all over my property – from all around the front and back yard to the garage and even in my closets.
So, yeah… there’s no shortage of what you can do with Lumenology!
Frequently Asked Question
Is Lumenology strong enough to replace a “normal” wired light?
Is it really that easy to set up?
You can either wrap the tripod legs around an object – they’re easy to manipulate, but once you set them in place, they won’t move an inch. Or, you can “”snap it on”” using the powerful magnet to attach it to any magnetic surface.
Both options create a super-tight hold that’s strong enough to withstand the elements, yet easy enough to remove if/when you’re ready. It really is the perfect “wire-free” light!
What type of battery does it use? Does the battery last a long time?
AA batteries are not included. However, the Lumenology Kits do include multiple mounting options and hardware so AA batteries will be the only thing you need once your purchase your Lumenology Kits.