When you have dates coming to your 450-sq-ft New York City studio every other weekend (as I do), a kitchen knife is not just a tool. It’s a statement. It speaks volumes about your attitude. Whether they’re one-night stands or long-term partners, they’re sure to notice the one key tool you use.
In fact, I suspect this is true for most men, not just the single ones. This one tool—the humble kitchen knife—is key to your image as a manly man, especially in the kitchen.
And the Japanese have this figured out. In fact, your image as a manly man, especially in the kitchen, is exactly what Huusk wants to support. The samurai-inspired brand offers a custom-looking Japanese chef knife that gives every single man the power to become a top chef.
What is Huusk Knives?
The Huusk knife has a comfortable grip with a blade that is curved according to ancient samurai traditions, which makes using it the most comfortable and efficient process imaginable. The sharpness of the blade increases the speed of cooking considerably, saving you the time to enjoy your dinner date. With Huusk, cooking truly becomes a piece of cake.
Huusk knives were created out of passion for the art of cooking. We wanted to revolutionise the market by being the first to ever create specialised Kitchen Knife with a unique blade.
Traditional Japanese hand-forging technique combined with the modern approach resulted in this fabulous Huusk knife.
Feature Of Huusk Knives
- Ergonomic design: Huusk chef knives are designed to have the perfect grip. The hole on the blade provides extra space for your fingers. The handle and blade curves create a balance that results in a strong grip and effortless cutting.
- Extra sharp, designed like samurai swords: Huusk knives are created using the same techniques ancient Japanese blacksmiths used to make katanas for the legendary samurai warriors. These techniques create blades that can be used for precision cutting. They do not dull (or, rather, they dull so slowly that you’ll never notice) and can be used to produce the thinnest of slices.
- Safer: Regular kitchen knives are usually dull, but dull edges are not safe. Actually, a dull-edged knife is more prone to slip, as you need to apply more force to make a cut. An extra-sharp Huusk knife is extremely safe in the hands of a true chef.
- Tool of a master: Regular kitchen knives can be wielded by anyone. Huusk knives look like tools for someone who is a master of their craft, a true chef.
- Symbol for rugged individuality and self-reliance: Huusk knives show that you cook regularly (only someone who does so would own a custom-looking knife) and that you only use the most precise, perfect tools for the job. They suggest that you are individualistic, value traditional crafts, can take care of yourself and others.
Specifications Of A Huusk Knife?
|Length (blade and handle)||28 cm / 11 inches|
|Length (blade)||15.5 cm / 6 inches|
|Width (blade and handle)||5 cm / 2 inches|
|Weigth||252 g / 0.5 pound|
|Angle of the curve||°38|
|Blade material||Stainless Steel (18/10 electroplated)|
|Handle material||Oak wood / carbon onyx|
Are Huusk Knives Safe To Use?
Yes! Huusk knives are extra-sharp and their blades dull very slowly. The sharp blades increase their safety. Most of the kitchen accidents involve blunt knives, as you have to apply force to effectively use them (knives or produce tend to slip in such cases, which often results in minor injuries). Huusk knife is extra sharp, so no force is required to use it. Huusk knife is perfectly designed for ultimate control and balance which makes kitchen accidents very unlikely.
What Materials are Used To Make Huusk?
Huusk knives are hand forged of 18/10 electroplated steel and then joined with a handle made of ancient oak wood or carbon onyx material.
Handmade By Master KnifeMakers
High-end Japanese steel is used by third-generation expert bladesmiths to handcraft flawless, durable and beautiful knives.
Each HUUSK knife requires 138 steps and over 2 months to be made before going through rigorous testing.
Who needs the Huusk Knives?
You don’t have to be a trained professional chef to use a Huusk knife. Huusk knife is a truly professional chef knife, nonetheless, the “professional” part often thrown in front of the knife’s description refers to its craftsmanship. The Huusk chef knife was manufactured with the professional’s needs in mind. However, home cooks use them to achieve professional results and to benefit from the versatility and efficiency that this well-crafted knife can offer.
It is a sharp blade and it gives the user a high degree of control when you’re working with your chef’s knife. Chopping and cutting is more predictable, so there’s less risk of accidents. The Huusk chef’s knife is manufactured to be sharper and to maintain its sharpness longer.
What makes Japanese knives or blades unique?
This is a very important question to answer, since Japanese knives are very popular in the market as professional chef knives. What makes them different from German knives or European knives.
It is important to first establish that no two knives are exactly the same. That is to say that different Japanese knives though similar in style have their distinct features, nonetheless.
Generally speaking, Japanese knives are known for their sharpness and lightweight. Intended for clean and smooth cutting, especially of vegetables. One of the reasons for this is because, up until quite recently, the Japanese diet used to primarily consist of vegetables and seafood. Beef only started to become widely consumed in Japan in the 19th century.
Now, the basis of Japanese cuisine (registered as an Intangible Cultural Heritage) is the idea of emphasizing the ingredients’ natural flavors. This in turn is connected to the type of knives Japanese use. Take, for instance, famous Japanese dishes like sushi and sashimi, where the fish needs to be cut thinly and precisely.
Science has proven that if you use a double-bevel knife to push cut the fish, you’ll mush it out of shape and damage it on a cellular level, negatively affecting its taste. As for sashimi, which is really all about the presentation, it can only be cut neatly with a single-bevel blade, so a wabocho and the “pull slice” technique is necessary.
The whole idea of Japanese knives lies in the beauty of cutting and retaining nutrients and not squashing or crushing the food, especially vegetables. It in this same style and fashion that the Japanese Huusk chef knife was designed. Another uniqueness that I will gather not dwell on is the ergonomic design. It appears sturdy, stringy, and extremely sharp with a handle that is intended for ear of cutting.
Benefits of Huusk Handmade Knives
- There will be no more rusty knives in the home: Most knives that have been previously manufactured on the market are often of poor quality. This is why they are soon rusted and dull, as well as being uncomfortable and inefficient to the user. These kinds of knives do not make any user an experienced cook as users keep switching from one brand to the other. However, there was never a solution before Huusk Knives since high-quality knives were normally prohibitively costly. The Huusk Handmade Knives will save everyone from such embarrassing situations.
- Does not cost much money: Huusk Knives are high-quality knives at a low cost. The makers did not want users to spend much money on getting their desired knives as other brands do. The Huusk Handmade Knives are made of corrosion-resistant stainless Japanese steel, the same as samurai katanas from centuries ago. Huusk’s Knives’ sharpness is enhanced by this quality. Huusk Handmade Knives are guaranteed to serve the user for years to come, just like a katana served its samurai for a lifetime.
- Using Huusk Knives influence taste perception: a Huusk knife is what someone will need to make the perfect meal because people’s eyes have a greater impact on the taste of food than their taste buds. In reality, the physical appeal of the cooking process has been shown to increase meal satisfaction by up to 62 percent. The perfection, sharpness, and neatness of Huusk knives will be appreciated by anyone who sees them, making them want to taste the meal.
- Becomes a chef even when one does not know how to cook: What if a user of the Huusk Handmade Knives does not have the necessary cooking skills, you may wonder? It does not necessarily matter if the person is in possession of the Huusk knives. It makes no difference if the person prepared the meal themselves or someone else did. Since the person has a Huusk knife prominently displayed in their kitchen, anyone would believe they did prepare any meal they present. This is because it is common knowledge that it is only a true chef with a passion for cooking who can own such a beautiful, priceless knife. Even if someone does not know how to cook, the person can become a celebrated chef just with Huusk Handmade Knives on their kitchen table.
- The right tool for cooking: It makes all the difference in the world to have the right tool for the job of cooking. The Huusk knives have relaxed grips and curved blades that follow ancient samurai practices, making them the most comfortable and effective method of cutting and carrying out other cooking techniques. The sharpness of the blade speeds up the cooking process, allowing the user to spend more time with their dinner date. Cooking is a piece of cake when someone uses Huusk Handmade Knives.
- Razor-sharp and safe: Huusk knives are forged from Japanese stainless steel using standard blacksmithing techniques used to forge samurai katanas for centuries. This method produces razor-sharp knives that will last their owners for years. A precision tool is a sharp knife, especially one derived from samurai culture. Huusk Handmade Knives may appear dangerous, but they are actually much safer in the hands of a skilled man than regular knives. They cut the thinnest of slices with ease and require no force. It’s the kind of knife that makes users forget about squashed tomatoes or cuts on their hands.
- A tool for a manly man: It’s past time to put an end to the kitchen’s domestication of males. It’s time for a change, not only in terms of masculinity but also in terms of quality of life and self-esteem. Huusk knives have the appearance of a hunter’s tool. They’re tough, handcrafted, strong, and razor-sharp. Seeing a knife like this at a man’s house says a lot about him.
Pros and Cons of Huusk Handmade Knives
How to Care for the Huusk Handmade Knife?
It’s very important for individuals to treat and care for their knives once they have found the right one, and Huusk Knives are no exception.
Since Huusk Handmade Knives operate on the principle of simplicity, its maintenance does not take time. Users should make sure they adhere to the information here to avoid pitiable stories and labeling Huusk Knives as scams or fake. These knives are originally designed and manufactured in Japan with the combination of ancient Japan’s techniques and modern technology.
- In order to prevent bluntness or nicks on the blade of Huusk Handmade Knives, use a board that’s smoother than the knife, use something other than wood or plastic.
- Huusk Knives must be sharpened regularly to maintain their ability to cut. Though the traditional whetstone is the safest, users can also use pull-through sharpen tools with honing steels. However, the scissors would need to be properly sharpened before being deployed.
- Keep the Huusk knives sharp and keep them in a block or on a rack. In fact, Huusk Handmade Knives come in a premium box. Always ensure that the knives return to the elegant box.
- Users should also avoid leaving food on the blade of their Huusk Knives, as certain foods have acidic ingredients which can stain them, leading to corrosion and rusting. Keep the knives clean and dry.
- Although some knife manufacturing brands tout the fact that their knives are dishwasher resistant even though they should be hand washed. However, users of the Huusk Knives are encouraged to be conservative with detergent and hand wash their knives with water instead.
Where Can I Buy Huusk Knife?
Having made your mind to buy Huusk Knife, kindly buy through the official website by clicking the link below. You also have access to the current discount offer and a money day back guarantee.
Conclusion (Huusk Handmade Knives review)
The kind of knife one uses in the kitchen has a lot to say about what one can offer in the end. That is for the professional chefs. For a regular home user that doesn’t need to prove anything to anybody, the benefits of a quality knife lies majorly with making you spend less time with your prep and giving the excitement of fast, clean cut.
No dull moment in the kitchen, and who knows how much impact this can make on the quality of your food. The Huusk handmade knife is a quality knife with an ergonomic design. It is handmade and designed to be like the Japanese Samurai. This tool is truly worth recommending.
Frequently Asked Questions
Huusk knives are hand forged of 18/10 electroplated steel and then fused with a wooden handle made of ancient oak wood or carbon onyx material. 5 stars Review!
No. Huusk knives are basically designed for the most comfortable everyday kitchen use. They are extra sharp, very well balanced and feature a unique curvy shape to give you adequate control in your kitchen. Huusk knife is a perfect tool for a professional and a regular cooking enthusiast or novice as well.
The Huusk knives, despite their unconventional appearance, are specifically designed as kitchen knives and should be used as such.
Yes! The belly of the Huusk knife’s blade has a pronounced curve that attenuates to a sharp tip. This makes it ideal for cutting in a rocking motion as the knife never leaves the cutting board, and you can use the belly curve to slice and dice through food. The Huusk knife can be used conveniently and comfortably for any cutting in the kitchen ranging from meat to vegetable.
Yes! The Huusk knife is scientifically proven to allow for more control as it was specifically and specially designed so the index finger can be in contact with the blade. This allows for more hands-on experience.
If you have received a defective item, please contact our customer support at email@example.com and provide detailed information about the defect. We will change your purchased product to a new product if the warranty conditions are applicable.