Best GPS Tracking Device for Kids 2022
Best GPS Tracking Device: Every parent can relate to the heart-dropping sensation when you can’t find your kids. Most teenagers can be tracked by their cell phones these days, but what about younger kids off on their own adventures?
Even if you’re stuck at home, the best GPS tracker for kids can come in handy for whenever your child happens to go outside. Whether schools have re-opened in your area or your kids just wants to get some fresh air, equipping them with an easy-to-carry tracker can let you know their whereabouts. And who doesn’t want one less thing to worry about?
Whether you pick a kid-sized watch or something that clips to a backpack, look for a device that accurately updates about your child’s location when you need them. Other features — whether it’s an SOS alarm that can alert parents and other family members when there’s a problem or two-way calling — can separate the best GPS trackers for kids from the also-rans.
We consider all these factors when testing GPS trackers for kids to come up with the best devices for locating your child at a moment’s notice. (And if it’s an aging relative and not a youngster you want to keep track of, these devices — or variations aimed at older users — will work just as well.) Here’s what we found in our search for the best GPS tracker for kids.
What is the best GPS tracker for kids?
Prime Tracking is the best GPS tracker for kids, thanks to a kid-proof design that can withstand the elements. This tracker also pairs seamlessly with the smartphones your or a caregiver might carry around, so you not only know the location of your child but who they’re with as well — a valuable feature if you rely on a nanny or babysitter and want to check in on how everyone is doing.
The Prime Tracking personal GPS tracker is the quickest, easiest way to locate your children when they’re on the go.
- Tuck it into strollers or baby carriers to keep track of your infant or toddler when you’re out in public.
- Drop it into your child’s pocket or backpack and let them run off with friends at theme parks
- Save yourself the extra morning commute, and allow your kiddos to ride the bus or walk to school with less worry, thanks to sophisticated and easy-to-use geofencing technology.
- Teach your children to use the SOS button, and get an alert on your smartphone if they need your help.
- Have a teenager? Use Prime Tracking to monitor his/her driving habits. See route history and monitor their stops from the app. Also, receive alerts when they, or those they’re with drive unsafely – including speeding, rapid acceleration, and harsh braking
With long battery life and durable construction, Prime Tracking can stand up to all kinds of adventures and activities! Plus, it’s so small and lightweight they’ll hardly notice it
Prime Tracking’s incredibly powerful GPS-powered features give parents complete peace-of-mind in knowing their kids are safe and sound.
What is Prime Tracking?
It’s mini-size, lightweight, extremely durable, and 100% silent – in fact, you might even say it’s virtually undetectable. The tiny device fits easily in strollers, vehicles, backpacks, pockets and more!
Since I got mine, I’ve used it to track my son’s car… track the nanny when she watches my younger child… and track both children whenever they go out on their own.
It’s also got an impressive battery life – I only have to plug it in twice a month, even though we use it all the time!
While I hope I don’t ever need it, Prime Tracking also includes full coverage throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico – so if my son decides to head to Cancun for the weekend, I’ll be able to show up and grab that tequila shot right out of his hand!
Alright, spill it! What are these “special features”?
Of course, Prime Tracking is much more than just a real-time GPS tracker. It’s packed with tons of useful features for all sorts of specific needs:
- The SOS Button: This allows the user to call for help with the press of a button. If a loved one (such as a child or family member with dementia) realizes they have become lost or is facing trouble, they can easily press the SOS button, which sends an alert with their exact location.
- Route History: This feature lets you see where they’re going (and where they went). This is super useful, especially if you have teens or are tracking employee vehicles. With Route History, you can easily view each trip throughout the day that the tracker has been.
- GeoFence Alerts help you keep your things (and loved ones) in one place. Prime Tracking allows you to create “GeoFences”. This is essentially a boundary that you can create on the map. Whenever someone with the Prime Tracking device leaves the GeoFence, you get an alert. (I think of it as a shock collar – without the shock, of course!)
- “Instant Replays” that let you catch speeders red-handed (great for new drivers). Prime Tracking even lets you watch replays on Google Street View – so you can see exactly how fast they were going, where they stopped, and for how long. You can even get alerts when they go over the speed limit, brake harshly, or accelerate too fast!
These are all the features I’ve used it for – but there are plenty more. This really is the ultimate tracking device for everyday use!
Who needs something like Prime Tracking?
As I mentioned, I think it’s an amazing thing for parents to have – but there are also plenty of other folks who are getting great use out of Prime Tracking.
If you have younger children, you can tuck Prime Tracking into strollers or baby carriers (especially when they’re with the babysitter) to keep track of your infant or toddler when you’re out in public. Personally, I drop it into my youngest son’s pocket (or backpack) and let him run off with friends at theme parks.
Naturally, anyone caring for seniors or those suffering from Alzheimer’s or dementia will get a lot of use out of Prime Tracking. It’s the perfect way to keep track of them – it’s discreet, easy to carry and doesn’t require any technical knowledge.
Here’s where to get Prime Tracking for the lowest price
Since writing this, a lot of you have written in to ask about getting your own Prime Tracking devices. I did my best to reply to all of you, but I figure I might as well update this article!
If you want to try Prime Tracking yourself, I suggest getting it from the official website. In fact, they’re currently offering a 10-Day Free Trial and other big discounts!
When you buy directly from them, you’ll even get a 30-day money back guarantee – so you can find out if it’s worth it for you. If you keep track of loved ones (or just get nervous whenever they leave the house), then I highly recommend Prime Tracking – it’s leaps ahead of anything else on the market!